Follow this setup guide to start Inviting Sponsors to help reduce your student loan debt today.
- Your loan information
- To set at least one goal
- To add a profile picture, school, and career
- Email addresses of potential sponsors in your network – family, friends, employers
Set up usually takes under 20 minutes!
Join the Team
- Click the orange “Sign Up” button in the top right corner of the page.
- Register a new account with SponsrU by clicking the “Register Now” button highlighted below or the “Login With Facebook” button.
- Enter information to build your basic Profile. Once complete, click “Complete Registration!”. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to complete your registration.
- Upon successful registration, you’ll receive an email outlining some helpful tips to quickly get you started with SponsrU.
Upload Profile Picture
- Click “Manage your Profile”.
- Click on the Profile picture image area located at the top or your Profile information panel.
- Follow the instructions on the Profile picture dialog.
- Select an image from your computer.
- Crop the picture to fit your Profile.
- Click save.
Updating General Information
- Click the blue arrow that appears after hovering your mouses over the desired tab.
- Select or enter your value and privacy settings.
- Click the blue “+” icon or the blue arrow on the goal chart
- Select the goal type you would like to add
- Hit the blue “+” icon to the right of your selection
- Enter your desired goal value for the semester
- Enter your the current progress (if any) that you have achieved thus far with your goal
- Hit save!
Social Report Card
- Select the + icon within the Add Class box.
- Enter your class name, preferably the full name not the abbreviation.
- Enter the letter grade goal or numeric goal you wish to achieve in the class.
- Enter the credit value of the class.
- Select and enter the grade structure of the class:
- Type of assignment
- Number of the assignment
- Percent of overall grade
- Then hit the green plus button to save that grading measure
- ***All of your course information can be found in the syllabus
- Upload an image of your course syllabus by clicking the gray icon located on the right side of the bar for that particular class.
- If you are a returning student, you can also upload a copy of your unofficial transcript from previous semesters using the gray icon located on the right side of the bar (same as the syllabus). We will be adding an upload widget specifically for transcripts soon!
- Add and manage grades by clicking “show grades” beneath the title of the course. There is also a grey icon for image verification of individual grades, but this is not required for any type of profile boost.
- Make sure to click save so you don’t lose your entries
- For Federal Student Loans log in to the National Student Loan Data System.
- Create your FSA ID as well as a username and password for the site.
- Accept the terms to the disclaimer
- Click Financial Aid Review
- Click one of the numbers on the leftmost column of the student loan information box.
- Scroll to the bottom to find your loan service provider (the service that manages all of your loan information and is there to help answer questions)
- Create and account on your loan service provider page or contact them by phone to get your student loan information. This will be one ten companies depending on your geographic location: Nelnet, Great Lakes Educational Loan Services Inc., Navient, Fed Loan Servicing, MOHELA, HESC/EdFinancial, CornerStone, Granite State – GSMR, OSLA Servicing, Debt Management and Collections System
- If you decide to make account on your loan servicer’s website (which we highly recommend!!!) you have easy access to your most important loan information like term, interest rates, and account number as well as the ability make payments and sign up for programs that help you adjust payment plans
- Private student loan lenders are funded by banks, credit unions, and other types of lenders. To find the information for your private loans, you will need to get familiar with the servicer’s website from whom you received your loan. All the information
- Select the “+” within the add loans box or the “Set up your loans!” bar within the Monthly Donations box
- From here you will need to enter the loan balance, the interest rate, the estimated monthly payment, the loan type, the loan account number, the due date, and the name of your loan service provider, all of which can be found on your student loan servicer’s website.
Using Your Personal Network
Our most basic outreach feature helps you find sponsorship amongst your personal network with ease.
- Click the “invite sponsors” button located on the rightmost column on your profile or newsfeed.
- Enter the email addresses of everyone in your personal network who you think could be interested in helping you eliminate student loan debt through SponsrU
- Hit send and you’re all set! A personalized email will be sent to your entire list explaining the benefits of SponsrU and what they can do to help you on your debt reduction journey.